Sunday, April 29, 2018

Elevator constructor fatality – Columbus, Ohio


Whenever I hear of a fatality in our trade it hits home hard because I am in a position where I would be getting the phone call and handling something like this if it ever where to happen at our company. Everyone I work with I know well and care about.

The summary of the fatality is a elevator constructor in Columbus, Ohio didn’t come home Wednesday, April 18th after an elevator that was being constructed came down on him.

I was sitting at a lunch meeting at the NAEC spring conference with another independent contractor who has a branch in Columbus Ohio and he showed me a text about this that he had just received.  It was eerie.

This was a tragic event and I encourage everyone to take some time and ponder all the times we had close calls or did something we should not have been doing.  I’m linking a fundraiser page for the elevator constructor’s family.  I donated, you should too.  This was a young guy with a family.

https://www.gofundme.com/in-memory-of-randy-wilson

Take away - Take some time to talk about safety within your company and learn from events that occur.  IUEC formed a safety committee that discussed accidents in our local, make some time to go [I need to follow my own advice].

As always feel free to contact us at www.colleyelevator.com, email Craigz@colleyelevator.com or call 630-766-7230.

No comments:

Post a Comment