Sunday, May 26, 2019

Elevator Job Site Hall of Fame – Class of 2019[1st ½ of year]


Please find the class of 2019 elevator job site hall of fame photos from the first ½ of the year.  As we go through the bidding process we pluck photos to go in our "hall of fame" of elevators we will never forget.

I call this one 14 buckets.  I went into a machine room to give a building a price on an elevator cylinder and saw this.  14 buckets and a 55 gallon drum.  While alarming that a building would have 14 empty 5 gallon buckets and a 55 gallon drum, it was almost more alarming to me when I looked at the label on some of the buckets that they were sent by FedEx. Who FedExs hydraulic fluid?

When I was in Scotland I visited something called the “Disgrace of Scotland” in Edinborough.  The Scots started building a monument designed after the Parthenon, but, they ran out of money.  This controller should be called “Disgrace of the Elevator Industry”.  A building owner paid good money for an elevator controller and this is what they got. 

I got a text from a mechanic I work with and I thought he was kidding. 

This could be done better.

I’m not sure what happened here.  We know where the oil leak monitor will be and we know how much conduit we will need.   We also should know the extent that we can use Greenfield.

We do a lot of hydraulic piping and I know all situations are not perfect and have challenges, but…

180 degrees of additional resistance in the line that is unnecessary.

Once upon a time we engineered projects from our desk.  We don’t engineer projects from our desk anymore.  This equipment replacement was engineered from someone’s desk.


Could this be Dexter or Patrick Bateman’s elevator or this elevator is going to the Blueman Group or Gwar and sitting in the front row?

 If you have any questions or would like additional information feel free to contact me at CraigZ@colleyelevator.com or 630-766-7230 ext. 107.

Also check us out on Instagram @Colleyelevator see what we have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment