Sunday, April 24, 2022

NAESA Central Region Spring Work Shop – Des Plaines, IL - April 22-23, 2022

 




NAESA International is an organization that is comprised of diverse members who share a sincere interest in elevator safety, code enforcement, and technology. Whose purpose includes providing QEI Certification (Qualified Elevator Inspector) training and testing to qualified individuals. NAESA conducts several regional workshops each year throughout the United States and Canada to inform, educate, and provide a forum for individuals to discuss elevator topics.

NAESA is one of the two groups who certify a majority of the elevator inspectors in the United States.   

We had an opportunity to join NAESA for the continuing education program with a great line up.  It is so very important that we continue our path towards learning more in the elevator industry and all industries and this was a wonderful opportunity.

[90+ people in attendance from all over the country]

Friday

7:45- Frank Revoir, Urban Elevator-- 2020 Rack, and Pinion Elevators and Hoists 


 

9:15 – Ian MacMillan, KONE-- Inspection and Testing for MRL’s


 

10:30- Ian MacMillian, KONE-- Inspection and testing for MRL’s  

 

11:30 Russ Larson, Otis Elevator Company—Voice/Video/ Test Emergency Elevator Communication  

 

1:15- Jack Day – Elevator safety

 

2:15 Joe Donnelly, Donnelly & Associates-- A18.1 VPL Inspection Methods  

 

3:00 Joe Donnelly, Donnelly & Associates--  A17.3 Chicago Modification and A17.3 Review  

 

4:30 Kevin Heling, WURTEC Inc.--  Elevator Rope Issues   

 

Saturday

 

8:00 – Cornelius Walls, Formula Systems-- 3D Door Protection/Electronic Edges 

 

9:00 --Kevin Heling, Wurtec--  Weighing Elevator Cars and Counterweights, Hoist Rope equalization and update on CAT5 Alternative Testing

 

Take away – I took away a lot of new information on MRLs and learned a bit more about each other topic that was presented.  We do not do many VPLs/Wheelchair lifts but now know that there is a considerable amount of thought and requirements that need to go into the installation of these for accessibility requirements.  I also learned a ton about rack and pinon lifts and am glad other people are great at it.  It is so important that we continue as elevator personnel; inspectors, mechanics, office personnel in learning throughout our careers.  We will not always be able to use our backs in this business so fill the brain up with as much as you can, there will be a day that you will appreciate the work you did learning.


Networking – I don’t need the CEUs for my license but one of the biggest reasons I went besides the lineup was to see people I haven’t seen in a while.  I met new people, I met people I’ve heard about for years but never met, I saw people I talk to on the phone with on a regular basis and never get a chance to see and bumped into some old friends I used to see on a more regular basis.  These interactions are almost as valuable as the content discussed.


Thank you for all the hard work our NAESA team does to put these events on! It is much appreciated!

If you have any questions or would like additional information feel free to contact me at CraigZ@colleyelevator.com or 630-766-7230 ext. 107.

Also check us out on Instagram @Colleyelevator see what we have been up to.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!trestle handrail system

    ReplyDelete